As many of you have notices (and commented) Archie has been idle for the past few weeks because of the damage caused by the winter storm in February.
To bring you up to date – much work has been happening in the background :
· Insurance claim to cover the cost of repairs and lost revenue
· Working closely with the Environment Agency to determine how best to move the river debris
· Repairs to the sluice gate that controls the water flow through Archie
· Installation of a fish counter to show how successful the fish pass has been
· A spring clean of the Engine House ready for our open days
As you can see from the pictures below the sluice gate has now been repaired by LSP of New Mills – a difficult job under difficult conditions so big thanks to Paul and LSP !
Over the next few of weeks the ‘shoal’ of river debris that was dumped at Archie’s intake will be removed and Archie will be up and running again – further info on exact dates will be posted on here - I want to see the diggers in the river as well !